Weekend in Logroño


If you have a weekend to spend in Logroño, here we recommend the best way to enjoy the Riojan capital.

lightbulb_outline230 Tips

crop_original80 Photos

location_on21 Places

room

Puente De Piedra


One of the four bridges that cross the Ebro

  • The stone bridge is one of the symbols of the city and it appears on its shield, you cannot miss it. In addition, it is the entry point of the Camino de Santiago to the city.


  • The current construction dates from 1884, since the old bridge collapsed in 1871. The architect was Fermín Manso de Zúñiga.


  • The real origin of the bridge is not known, but the Logroño Charter of 1095 is the first preserved written reference of a bridge that crossed the Ebro in the city.


  • Throughout its history, several floods, remodeling and collapses have been documented that have changed its appearance and functions up to the present day. There is currently a remodeling project that plans to expand the pedestrian areas of the same.


  • Although it is popularly known as Puente de Piedra, its real name is Puente de San Juan de Ortega, in reference to the chapel that existed on its left bank. This saint is credited with building the first stone bridge that existed over the Ebro in the city.


  • It is a magnificent bridge that is 198 meters long and has 7 arches with elliptical vaults. Its maximum height is 10.95 meters.


  • Free.


  • 15 min - 30 min


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public place.


room

Iglesia Sta. María de Palacio


The first Church of the Order of the Holy Sepulcher

  • On the north side is the cloister and inside it is worth visiting the Chapel of La Antigua, where there is a baroque altarpiece with the image of the Virgin, from the end of the 12th century. The Virgen de la Antigua is the Patroness of Logroño since 1599, so I advise you to stop by to see her.


  • The temple was founded in the 11th century, but was rebuilt in the 12th century, and expanded in the 16th century. The church has three naves finished in apsidal chapels. The octagonal dome rises above the transept, which extends outwardly into the pyramidal tower in the Gothic style.


  • It receives the name of "Imperial" because Alfonso I "the Battler", king of Aragon, died towards the end of 1135 without succession, divided his kingdom in inheritance between three Orders of Jerusalem: that of the Holy Sepulcher, that of San Juan and that of the Temper. Later, Emperor Alfonso VII fulfilled this prerogative by donating his palace in Logroño to the Order of the Holy Sepulcher.


  • It is located on Calle Marqués de San Nicolás, better known as Calle Mayor. Its origins date back to an earlier church, Santa María la Vieja, founded by the Order of the Holy Sepulcher.


  • Inside, the main altarpiece stands out, the work of Arnao de Bruxelles. take your time to admire it quietly.


  • Free.


  • 941249660


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Monday to Sunday from 09:00 to 13:30 From 18:30 to 20:30


room

Iglesia de San Bartolomé


The oldest church in the city

  • The Church of San Bartolomé is at Milestone number 9 on the Camino Frances de Santiago. It is located 612 km from Santiago de Compostela. If you are a pilgrim it will be on your way, but if you are not you have to visit it.


  • It is the oldest temple of those that are preserved in the city, its construction must have begun in the second half of the 12th century, being its floor of the Romanesque style prevailing at the time, although an advance towards the Gothic is revealed on its door and its tower.


  • In 1823, during the Liberal Triennium, the cult was suppressed and the temple was plunged into neglect. It was used as a warehouse for wood and as a coal bunker. It had other uses such as a military hospital, a workshop, a stable ... and it was even considered to demolish it to build a theater


  • Due to all this, the interior is quite empty and poor compared to other churches.


  • It is a national monument since 1866.


  • The church of San Bartolomé is a National monument that is located in the old town of Logroño, located in the square of the same name.


  • Inside, in the Capilla de los Márquez, we find two Gothic tombs that are worth seeing.


  • As a curiosity, in the first Carlist civil war the optical telegraph was installed in the tower.


  • Free.


  • 941252254


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Monday to Saturday from 08:00 to 20:30 Sundays and holidays from 11:00 to 14:00 from 17:00 to 20:30


room

Concatedral de Sta. María de la Redonda


It is believed that the plant of this church was round

  • The secret jewel of the cathedral that you must visit without fail is nothing less than “El Calvario”, by Miguel Ángel Buonarroti, a small painting that you can see if you toss a coin.


  • The cathedral is built on an old Romanesque church that in 1435 was joined to another church, that of San Martín de Albelda, giving rise to a Collegiate Church.


  • In 1959 the collegiate church of Santa María de La Redonda was declared a co-cathedral.


  • The main construction dates from the 16th century, although numerous reforms took place between the 17th and 18th centuries, expanding the chevet, adding the Chapel of the Angels, the west portal and the towers.


  • The temple was declared a national monument in 1931 and in 1959 Pope Paul VI elevated it to the category of Co-Cathedral.


  • It is located in the middle of the old town of Logroño, between Portales and Caballerías streets and the Market Square. It is a beautiful baroque church that is currently the episcopal seat together with the cathedrals of Calahorra and Santo Domingo de La Calzada.


  • Behind the main altar the ambulatory formed by three chapels opens, one of them contains the tomb of General Espartero. Look for it.


  • Free.


  • 941257611


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Monday to Saturday, From 08:00 to 13:00 From 18:30 to 20:45 Sundays and Holidays, From 09:00 to 14:00 From 18:30 to 20:45


room

Parlamento de La Rioja


Former Convent of La Merced converted into Parliament

  • It is necessary to arrange a visit.


  • The original building, the former La Merced Convent, dates from the 14th century, although the dates that appear on three shields located inside the cloister and the church indicate that it was during the 16th century that the most important renovations took place.


  • The convent carried out its religious function until the 19th century when, during the War of Independence, it became the headquarters of the French troops. After its withdrawal in 1813, its rooms were used by the English troops as a Military Hospital. Later it was used as a prison facility, until 1823. Once again occupied by the Mercedarian friars, it continued its religious use until 1835. Between the years 1847 and 1869 part of the Convent was occupied by Carmelite nuns, and in 1870 it was converted into an Infantry Barracks, maintaining this use until 1886, when it ended up in the hands of the City Council.


  • In 1895 the City Council gave it to the Tobacco Leasing Company to turn it into a factory and that was until 1983 when the building was declared a Site of Cultural Interest and became the seat of the Parliament of La Rioja.


  • It is located in the western part of the historic center of Logroño, next to one of the vestiges of the old city wall, the Puerta del Revellín.


  • Currently the entire space of the old cloister is closed with a glass roof and houses the Plenary Hall, accessible only for accredited visits.


  • Free.


  • 941 287 728


  • 15 min - 30 min


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Every day from 09:00 to 15:00.


room

Museo de La Rioja


The old palace of Espartero, today a provincial museum

  • On the ground floor you can visit a shop, a library and a temporary exhibition hall, take the opportunity.


  • On the third floor there is an interesting space specially dedicated to ethnography from the perspectives of agriculture, livestock, craft trades, etc ...


  • The Museum of La Rioja is installed in a palace built in the mid-18th century by Don Pedro Ruiz de la Porta. It is a baroque building that was owned by Mrs. Jacinta Martínez de Sicilia, Duchess of Victoria and wife of General Espartero.


  • It was inaugurated as a Museum in 1963.


  • The museum has a total area of 3,042 m², of which 1,138 m² belong to the Palacio del Espartero and 1,903 m² to the new building.


  • The Museum is not far, in the old town, in the Plaza de San Agustín.


  • Among the medieval and modern artistic pieces that stand out are the San Millán tables, the Torremuña altarpiece and elements of the Estrella de San Asensio monastery.


  • The visit, highly recommended, begins with an audiovisual of the history of La Rioja, which leads to various spaces in which the visitor takes a tour of Prehistory, Pre-Roman times and the Roman world.


  • Free.


  • 941 291 259


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: • Weekdays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. • Sundays and holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.


room

El Cubo Del Revellín


The remains of the old medieval city walls

  • The most representative and interesting remains of the wall correspond to the wall faces that line up in front of the course of the Ebro, in addition to the cube. You can see the adjacent Puerta del Camino, decorated with the shields of Carlos V.


  • In the 16th century, Logroño was the main Castilian stronghold on the border with Navarra. The artillery cube was built between the years 1522 and 1524 under the direction of the master stonemason Lope de Insturizaga by order of Emperor Carlos V, who would thus reward the resistance offered by the people of Logroño against the assault of the Franco-Navarrese army in 1521.


  • One of the reasons why the Cube and the Gate have been better preserved than the rest of the walls, in addition to other circumstances, is the fact that they were built in the so-called Transitional Fortification era, that is, the phase that it mediates between the constructions with medieval techniques and the constructions with modern techniques.


  • Surrounding the old town through which we have been walking, are the remains of the medieval wall of Logroño, specifically the artillery cube of the fortification.


  • Its facilities were complemented by the adjacent Casa de la Artillería, the building where ammunition and military supplies of all kinds were stored.


  • Free.


  • 941 503 116


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday and Friday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. / 17 to 20 h. Saturday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. / 17 to 20 h. Sunday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.


room

Mirador parque de la ribera


The green lung of the city, on the banks of the Ebro River

  • In the viewpoint of the Church of Santiago, one of the most interesting points of the park environment, there is a game of the goose that represents the different stages of the Camino de Santiago. Ideal for taking some photos.


  • In 1993, the banks of the Ebro river were recovered through this 153,000-square-meter park. In it three zones can be distinguished: A flood zone, of 70,000 square meters; a viewpoint that is accessed through large steps and a non-floodable area of 72,000 square meters are distributed large grass meadows meandering along paths.


  • On the Embarcadero you can see the four pinwheels that represent the four colors of the four-color flag of Rioja (Red, White, Green and Yellow). Asdrúbal González's work was installed in 1993.


  • In addition, it is home to two of the most important public buildings in the city, the bullring and the conference center.


  • The viewpoint is next to the riverbed, on its north bank. It is on the way from the New Bridge to the Footbridge, where the paved track begins next to the El Embarcadero Restaurant. A perfect place to stop to admire the surroundings, with Mount "El Corvo" and the Sierra de Cantabria in the background.


  • In the park there are recreational areas for children, a bike path, green areas, bars and a large lake in its center.


  • You can also see an old industrial fireplace that is now merely decorative.


  • Free


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public park.


room

Plaza del Espolón


Also called Paseo del Príncipe de Vergara

  • In this square, the offering of the first must to the Virgin of Valvanera takes place, one of the most important celebrations of the Riojan Harvest Festival.


  • Nearby is Calle Laurel, an essential place to discover the local gastronomy.


  • Its origins date back to the nineteenth century, we highlight above all the impressive pruned banana walk.


  • It began to be configured in 1757 as a public walk outside the city walls. In 1809 it was expanded with some gardens belonging to the Seminary. It underwent other renovations in 1856, in 1931, and finally between 1940 and 1950 the Rosaleda, the Concha and the large central fountain were added.


  • In 1998 the adjacent streets were pedestrianized.


  • This walk is very close to the cathedral, in the center of the city, surrounded by historical, financial and administrative buildings, and with pedestrian areas, such as the so-called Paseo de las Hundred Shops.


  • In the middle of the square we can see an equestrian statue that represents the politician and military Baldomero Espartero, who was regent of Spain with Queen Isabel II.


  • The iconic Concha is an auditorium located where the bandstand used to be. It was designed by Jaime Cerdell, it resembles a shell with two columns on each side of it.


  • On the other hand, the Rosaleda is a promenade of gardens with different types of rose bushes, metal arches so that plants can grow through them and some fountains popularly known as ¨the sources of the frogs¨ since they are the bronze frogs that spit water.


  • Free.


  • 941291640


  • 15 min - 30 min


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public place.


room

Teatro Bretón de los Herreros


Historic downtown theater

  • The only way to access the interior is to buy a ticket for one of the plays, dance or film screenings.


  • It was inaugurated on September 19, 1880, and it is a prominent place since on November 18, 1896 the first cinematographic film of the city was screened.


  • The theater consists of two rooms: the Breton Theater, which has a capacity of 962 seats, and the Columns Hall with 250 seats. The origin of this theater dates back to the 19th century when the Corral de las Comedias, from 1604, still existed in the city of Logroño.


  • In 1879 the Municipality bought the land and planned a new theater, inspired by the one in Gijón.


  • In 1901 it was bought by the Municipal Savings Bank, which undertook major interior and exterior renovation works under the direction of the architects Mr. Ignacio Velasco, first and Mr. Luis Barrón, giving it the appearance it has today.


  • In 1951 it was remodeled, creating a basement with a large space with a cafeteria bar; the dressing room area considerably increased and the orchestra pit of greater capacity.


  • Located in the old part of the city, very close to the Paseo del Espolón and the cathedral, is this theater.


  • The theater is located in the street that gives its name to the theater, Bretón de los Herreros, which takes its name from the well-known comedy writer, born in the town of Quel (La Rioja), Don Manuel Bretón y Herreros.


  • From 5 €


  • 941 207 231


  • 2 h - 4 h

    Duration of the work


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    TICKET OFFICE HOURS: From 11 am to 2 pm, every day and from two hours before the start of the show, on show days. On Sundays and holidays the box office hours will be from 12 to 14 hours.


room

Sala Amós Salvador


A Contemporary Art Exhibition Hall

  • Every year the Sala Amós Salvador offers a wide range of temporary exhibitions of different artistic disciplines: painting, photography, sculpture, etc. which can be seen on the website of the City Council. Take a look before you go.


  • The building where the Sala Amós Salvador is located dates from the first quarter of the 14th century, when it was a convent of La Merced. After several sessions and renovations, in 1978 it became municipal property again and was included in the initial proposal of buildings to conserve in the Special Plan for the Historic Center of Logroño.


  • Around 1979, the West Room, built at the end of the 19th century to be the drying warehouse for the tobacco factory, was transformed into this exhibition hall.


  • It is currently a benchmark in Contemporary Art, a must for all those interested in this discipline.


  • In the same building of the Parliament of La Rioja this exhibition hall is located, and of cultural activities that enjoys great popularity.


  • The center is part of a network of pedagogical activities promoted by the City Council, called the Rioja Culture.


  • Free.


  • 941 207688


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: M to S, from 6 to 9 p.m. Fest., From 12 to 14 and 18 to 21 h. L, closed.


room

Fuente de los riojanos ilustres


Monument dedicated to famous people from La Rioja

  • Each character is dressed in the fashion of the time in which he lived and with a motif that identifies and interprets him, for example, Gonzalo de Berceo wears a monk's habit and a book to identify him as a poet. You can try to recognize them, although the name is engraved on a plaque at the foot of each statue.


  • It was inaugurated on February 19, 1999 with the purpose of praising the cultural and historical background of La Rioja.


  • It has a total of 8 bronze statues that surround the fountain, these represent Quintiliano, Gonzalo de Berceo, Pedro del Castillo, Juan Fernández de Navarrete, Fausto Elhúyar, Zenón de Somodevilla and Bengoechea (Marqués de la Ensenada), Julio Rey Pastor and King García Sánchez III of Navarra.


  • This fountain, located at the intersection of the central Gran Vía street with Chile street, was built in honor of several illustrious figures in the history of La Rioja.


  • It is also known as the “Fountain of the Wet Back” because the statues turn their backs to the water and that part often gets wet.


  • At first, the work was conceived in a different way, as a monolith through which the water from the fountain would slide.


  • The fountain is located in a roundabout with traffic, so it is somewhat difficult to get close to see it in detail.


  • Free.


  • 15 min - 30 min


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public place.


room

Monumento al Labrador


Sculptural work dedicated to farmers in Spain

  • Unlike the fountain of the illustrious Riojans, you can approach this work to observe it in detail.


  • The monument is emblematic for being a tribute to the farmer, so important in an agricultural and wine-growing region like La Rioja.


  • Inaugurated on September 20, 1967, it is one of the first sculptures to extol the figure of the farmer.


  • The artist, Alejandro Rubio Dalmati, donated this work to the city of Logroño. Due to the prolific nature of the artist, it has been proposed to name the street where this monument is located with his name.


  • The night before the inauguration there was a small earthquake that did not cause damage.


  • A little further up, if you keep walking along the Gran Via, you will find this monument at the intersection with Avenida Jorge Vigón. It is located next to the Paseo del Espolón.


  • It is a cast bronze sculpture on a pedestal, with two rectangular monoliths behind it.


  • It is known that the mayor of the time commissioned the sculptor with a statue dedicated to Franco, but he refused and asked that it be in honor of workers, mechanics, operators or farmers, the latter being the final inspiration.


  • Just behind, is the Torre Blanca, the tallest building in Logroño


  • Free.


  • 15 min - 30 min


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public place


room

Parque gallarza


A beautiful public park for the little ones

  • Towards Calle Somosierra, a cafeteria with nightstands and views of the playground has been opened.


  • Initially owned by Herreros de Tejada, it passed into the hands of the City Council in 1956 to be opened to the public on July 8 of that same year.


  • In the 1960s, the Park was the subject of major reform works, among other things, the Children's Traffic Park was built, later transferred to the Plaza de las Chiribitas.


  • In the center of the park there is a building dating from 1914 and it was the work of the architect Quintín Bello, who designed it as a country house for the Herreros de Tejada family. After the purchase of the land, it was used as a nursery school, although today there is a somewhat controversial project to turn it into a new space for children, the so-called Casa del Cuento.


  • Very close to the Monument to the farmer we find another of the lungs of the city, an urban park dedicated to the little ones.


  • In the center of the park you can find the bust of Mr. Eduardo González Gallarza, a pioneer in aviation, which was made by the sculptor Mr. Joaquín Lucarini.


  • In addition to rest areas for the elderly, there are two ponds and a lot of green area.


  • Free.


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public park.


room

Polideportivo Municipal de Las Gaunas


Riojan football stadium

  • In addition to football matches and sports competitions, the stadium is used for concerts, conventions and every January 5 to receive the Three Kings.


  • The old Las Gaunas field was located on some farms south of Logroño owned by the Gaona sisters, and from this name it was derived from the one it currently has.


  • It was inaugurated on June 15, 1924.


  • Throughout its history the old stadium underwent several extensions and renovations, the stands and artificial lighting between them, although with the construction of the new stadium it was demolished.


  • Construction of the current stadium began in 1998 although it was not completed until 2002.


  • The state has 16,000 seats, 35 boxes and 19 access doors.


  • Located on Avenida República Argentina, the new stadium is a short distance from where the old one was and very close to the Gallarza Park.


  • It is used by Unión Deportiva Logroñés, in Second Division B, and by EDF Logroño, in the Iberdrola Women's League.


  • The first official match was played on Sunday, March 3, 2002 and faced Logroñés with Zaragoza B.


  • According to event.


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: On request. According to event.


room

Bodegas Corral, S.A.


Wine tourism in the remains of the old Pilgrims Hospital

  • There is an offer of horseback riding, tasting courses and occasionally events and activities for children are organized. If you have time, I recommend a tasting course for beginners.


  • It is a centenary winery where high quality Rioja Alta classics are made.


  • Don Saturnino Daroca, harvester and winemaker, gave life to these wineries 100 years ago, planting the first vines in the first vineyards in Sojuela, a town near Navarrete. His daughter married Don Martín Corral, who gave the name to the winery.


  • In 1974 it moved to the current facilities.


  • Bodegas Corral is located on the Carretera de Logroño, km10, at the foot of the road.


  • This point is located on the axis of the Northern Jacobean Route and the Navarra Route. At that point was the Pilgrims Hospital of San Juan de Acre, whose remains are inside the winery. It is curious to visit them.


  • Within the winery facilities there are other spaces dedicated to the Knowledge of Wine; Tasting Room, Multimedia Room, Private Dining Room etc ...


  • From € 19


  • 941 440 193


  • 2 h - 4 h

    All afternoon.


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.


room

Calle Laurel


The center of gastronomy and tapas in Logroño

  • Of course, this restaurant area of the capital of La Rioja has also reached the fashion of Basque origin, the pintxo-pote, which consists of offering for only 2 euros, every Thursday (except holidays and the eve of holidays) a pincho and a flat . There are already many cities, especially in the north of Spain, that have joined the wave of pinchos Thursdays.


  • The street runs parallel to the nearby Bretón de los Herreros street, where the old walls of Logroño stood until their demolition in 1862. Once the walls disappeared, the buildings that delimited the street were built.


  • In the little more than 200 meters that this street and its surroundings are established more than 65 bars and restaurants. The custom is that each one offers a couple of specialties, so there are many route recommendations that can be followed to fully enjoy your stay in Logroño.


  • Located in the heart of the old town, wherever you go, you can spend a while in any of its places to taste typical Riojan food.


  • In this street is the oldest bar in Logroño, the Blanco y Negro, which today is still one of the references of the street.


  • This area is also called the "Path of the Elephants" because it is said that everyone who enters leaves his trunk and on all fours.


  • It depends on the place.


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Each location has its own schedule.


room

Monte Cantabria


The rocky city watcher

  • It is an excellent viewpoint of the city of Logroño, and it is also easily reached on foot from the city's cemetery.


  • The top of Monte Cantabria reaches 500 meters of altitude.


  • On this hill there is a plain of about 6 square kilometers destined mainly for the cultivation of life.


  • Along the Ebro river, which runs along the slopes of the mountain, there are remains of an old Roman and Visigothic river port.


  • Excavations have recently been carried out in this area that indicate that there were human settlements here since the 3rd century BC.


  • During the most peaceful years of the Roman Empire, with the roads, globalization and the development of civic institutions, the enclave lost importance and was almost depopulated.


  • The exploitation of the hill as a gravel pit in the 70s and earlier produced the partial destruction of the deposit, which was also affected by the planting of the vineyard.


  • In front of the city of Logroño rises a steep 120-meter precipice, the southwest side of the so-called Monte Cantabria.


  • As a curiosity, on the slopes of the mountain you can see a series of caves that, it is presumed, have a prehistoric origin.


  • It was declared an Asset of Cultural Interest in 2012.


  • Free.


  • 941 27 70 00


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public place.


room

Mirador parque de la ribera


A green space, lung of the city and recreation area

  • In the viewpoint of the Church of Santiago, one of the most interesting points of the park environment, there is a game of the goose that represents the different stages of the Camino de Santiago. Ideal for taking some photos.


  • In 1993, the banks of the Ebro river were recovered through this 153,000-square-meter park. In it three zones can be distinguished: A flood zone, of 70,000 square meters; a viewpoint that is accessed through large steps and a non-floodable area of 72,000 square meters are distributed large grass meadows meandering along paths.


  • At the Embarcadero you can see the four pinwheels that represent the four colors of the Rioja four-color flag (Red, White, Green and Yellow). Asdrúbal González's work was installed in 1993.


  • In addition, it is home to two of the most important public buildings in the city, the bullring and the conference center.


  • The viewpoint is next to the riverbed, on its north bank. It is on the way from the New Bridge to the Footbridge, where the paved track begins next to the El Embarcadero Restaurant. A perfect place to stop to admire the surroundings, with Mount "El Corvo" and the Sierra de Cantabria in the background.


  • In the park there are recreational areas for children, a bike path, green areas, bars and a large lake in its center.


  • You can also see an old industrial fireplace that is now merely decorative.


  • Free.


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public park


room

Bodega Institucional La Grajera


To enjoy the typical product of La Rioja

  • In June a festival called "Hello Summer" is held at the winery's facilities, which has become a theme park for La Rioja wine.


  • La Grajera Winery is an open space for the celebration and projection of multiple actions: informative sessions, product presentations, talks, tastings ...


  • The activities can be consulted at www.lariojacapital.com.


  • Inaugurated in 2011, La Grajera Winery is a center that belongs to the Government of La Rioja.


  • The La Grajera Institutional Winery is made up of three different areas - the production area, an institutional area and a service area - that are interconnected.


  • The barrel room has space for 250 and an attached warehouse for the finished product.


  • La Grajera Winery has a comprehensive geothermal exploitation system both for the production process and for the air conditioning of the facilities.


  • Located on the road to Burgos, km 6, is the 10,000-square-meter farm surrounded by vineyards and olive groves, and overlooking the reservoir and the La Grajera park in Logroño.


  • The building for the production and aging area has been half-buried, taking advantage of the slope of the land with a concept of landscape mimicry.


  • In addition to the winery itself, the facilities have many spaces for leisure, an assembly hall, a corridor overlooking the reservoir where you can have a drink ...


  • According to event.


  • 941 29 13 64


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.


room

Parque De La Grajera


A large green area to organize a getaway

  • At the entrance to the park there is a car park, bar, restaurant and picnic area with grills, benches and tables. There is also a Didactic Classroom, a playroom for children over 5 years old, a specialized golf shop, a swimming pool and a paddle tennis court.


  • In the area there is also an equestrian center where you can hire a horse ride around the reservoir, full of vegetation and animals worth seeing. Try the experience


  • The La Grajera reservoir was built in 1883 to store water from the Iregua river with which to irrigate the orchards.


  • Some time later the environment was conditioned to become a leisure area, which has been expanded to the current 427 hectares.


  • The lake occupies 32 hectares of surface and has an average depth of 5.5 meters. Bathing is prohibited.


  • In its surroundings there is a golf course.


  • It is a huge park next to a reservoir that is on the outskirts of the city of Logroño.


  • The park comprises part of the Camino de Santiago, so pilgrims can stop for a few hours to enjoy the wild environment so close to the city.


  • Free or according to activity.


  • 2 h - 4 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24h public space. The restaurant and shopping areas have their own hours. Horse riding runs from 9:00 to 22:00.



6 Ratings

luisma76

luisma76

Cuánto añoro recorrer estas calles, excelente guia.

21/08/2020

pedrito

pedrito

me encanta Logrono, me impresiona cómo está ciudad mezcla perfectamente lo verde con lo contemporáneo. gracias x la guía.

27/07/2020

ignacional

ignacional

ciudad muy tranquila y con muchos sitios que visitar, agradecido por esta guía tan funcional.

17/07/2020

juanluviajero

juanluviajero

Muchas gracias y enhorabuena por este pedazo de guía😉

10/10/2019

sergitravel

sergitravel

Buenísima recopilación de los monumentos más importantes e información detallada.

10/10/2019

misojosviajeros

misojosviajeros

no conozco la ciudad aunque con esta guia seguro q no me pierdo y veo todp lo importante!!

07/10/2019