4-day trip to Logroño and surroundings


The La Rioja area is a land of vineyards and gastronomy, but also of medieval towns and villages, of culture and history. If you have 4 days, visit Logroño and its surroundings with this guide.

lightbulb_outline328 Tips

crop_original109 Photos

location_on27 Places

room

Puente De Piedra


One of the city's bridges that cross the Ebro

  • The stone bridge is one of the symbols of the city and appears on its shield. In addition, it is the entry point of the Camino de Santiago to the city.


  • The current construction dates from 1884, as the old bridge collapsed in 1871. The architect was Fermín Manso de Zúñiga.


  • The real origin of the bridge is not known, but the Logroño Charter of 1095 is the first preserved written reference of a bridge that crossed the Ebro in the city.


  • Throughout its history, several floods, remodeling and collapses have been documented that have changed its appearance and functions up to the present day. There is currently a remodeling project that plans to expand the pedestrian areas of the same.


  • Although it is popularly known as Puente de Piedra, its real name is Puente de San Juan de Ortega, in reference to the chapel that existed on its left bank. The construction of the first stone bridge that existed over the Ebro in the city is attributed to this Saint.


  • It is a magnificent bridge that is 198 meters long and has 7 arches with elliptical vaults of variable span. Its maximum height is 10.95 meters.


  • Free.


  • 15 min - 30 min


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public place.


room

Iglesia Sta. María de Palacio


First Church of the Order of the Holy Sepulcher in Castile

  • On the north side is the cloister and inside it is worth visiting the Chapel of La Antigua, where there is a baroque altarpiece with the image of the Virgin, from the end of the 12th century. The Virgen de la Antigua is the Patron Saint of Logroño since 1599.


  • The temple was founded in the 11th century, but was rebuilt in the 12th century, and expanded in the 16th century. The church has three naves finished in apsidal chapels. The octagonal dome rises above the transept, which extends outwardly into the pyramidal tower in the Gothic style.


  • It receives the name of "Imperial" because Alfonso I "the Battler", king of Aragon, died towards the end of 1135 without succession, divided his kingdom in inheritance between three Orders of Jerusalem: that of the Holy Sepulcher, that of San Juan and that of the Temper. Later, Emperor Alfonso VII fulfilled this prerogative by donating his palace in Logroño to the Order of the Holy Sepulcher.


  • It is located on Calle Marqués de San Nicolás, better known as Calle Mayor. Its origins date back to an earlier church, Santa María la Vieja, founded by the Order of the Holy Sepulcher.


  • It is the first foundation of the order of the Holy Sepulcher in the Kingdom of Castile.


  • On the central nave of the church there is an octagonal lantern, known as “la Aguja”, which is one of the most significant elements of the city.


  • In the entrance portico, remains of the previous Romanesque work are preserved, as well as a font of holy water from 1747.


  • Inside, the main altarpiece stands out, the work of Arnao de Bruxelles.


  • Free.


  • 941249660


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Monday to Sunday from 09:00 to 13:30 From 18:30 to 20:30


room

Iglesia de San Bartolomé


The oldest church in the city

  • The Church of San Bartolomé is at Milestone number 9 on the Camino Frances de Santiago. It is located 612 km from Santiago de Compostela.


  • It is the oldest temple of those that are preserved in the city, its construction must have begun in the second half of the 12th century, being its floor of the Romanesque style prevailing at the time, although an advance towards the Gothic is revealed on its door and its tower.


  • In 1823, during the Liberal Triennium, the cult was suppressed and the temple was plunged into neglect. It was used as a warehouse for wood and as a coal bunker. It had other uses such as a military hospital, a workshop, a stable ... and it was even considered to tear it down to build a theater.


  • Due to all this, the interior is quite empty and poor compared to other churches.


  • It is a national monument since 1866.


  • The church of San Bartolomé is a National monument that is located in the old town of Logroño, located in the square that bears the same name.


  • The Cover is really impressive, it is a great pointed arch surrounded by six molded archivolts, under which two bodies are arranged. The upper one has a strip of canopies, which show a large group of sculptures with scenes from the life of Saint Bartholomew.


  • Inside, in the Capilla de los Márquez, we find two Gothic tombs that are worth seeing.


  • In the first Carlist civil war the optical telegraph was installed in the tower.


  • Free.


  • 941252254


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Monday to Saturday from 08:00 to 20:30 Sundays and holidays from 11:00 to 14:00 from 17:00 to 20:30


room

Concatedral de Sta. María de la Redonda


Main religious tourist attraction of the city

  • The secret jewel of the cathedral, which is nothing less than “El Calvario”, by Miguel Ángel Buonarroti, a small painting that you can see if you toss a coin.


  • The cathedral is built on an old Romanesque church that in 1435 was joined to another church, that of San Martín de Albelda, giving rise to a Collegiate Church.


  • In 1959 the collegiate church of Santa María de La Redonda was declared a co-cathedral.


  • The main construction dates from the 16th century, although numerous reforms took place between the 17th and 18th centuries, expanding the chevet, adding the Chapel of the Angels, the west portal and the towers.


  • The temple was declared a national monument in 1931 and in 1959 Pope Paul VI elevated it to the category of Co-Cathedral.


  • It is located in the middle of the old town of Logroño, between Portales and Caballerías streets and the Market Square. It is a beautiful baroque church that is currently the episcopal seat together with the cathedrals of Calahorra and Santo Domingo de La Calzada.


  • The main altarpiece and the Virgin that is in the central street are the most interesting works that you will be able to see inside.


  • Nor can you stop looking at the chapel that is next to the entrance to the temple, that of Nuestra Señora de la Paz, in Plateresque style.


  • Behind the main altar the ambulatory formed by three chapels opens, one of them contains the tomb of General Espartero.


  • Free.


  • 941257611


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Monday to Saturday, From 08:00 to 13:00 From 18:30 to 20:45 Sundays and Holidays, From 09:00 to 14:00 From 18:30 to 20:45


room

Parlamento de La Rioja


The headquarters of the regional government, former Convent

  • It is necessary to arrange a visit.


  • The original building, the former La Merced Convent, dates from the 14th century, although the dates that appear on three shields located inside the cloister and the church indicate that it was during the 16th century that the most important renovations took place.


  • The convent carried out its religious function until the 19th century when, during the War of Independence, it became the headquarters of the French troops. After its withdrawal in 1813, its rooms were used by the English troops as a Military Hospital. Later it was used as a prison facility, until 1823. Once again occupied by the Mercedarian friars, it continued its religious use until 1835. Between the years 1847 and 1869 part of the Convent was occupied by Carmelite nuns, and in 1870 it was converted into an Infantry Barracks, maintaining this use until 1886, when it ended up in the hands of the City Council.


  • In 1895 the City Council gave it to the Tobacco Leasing Company to turn it into a factory and that was until 1983 when the building was declared a Site of Cultural Interest and became the seat of the Parliament of La Rioja.


  • It is located in the western part of the historic center of Logroño, next to one of the vestiges of the old city wall, the Puerta del Revellín.


  • The old cloister of the convent, dating from the 16th century, has an irregular shape and conserves a high floor and a low one made up of semicircular arches on Tuscan columns.


  • Currently the entire space of the old cloister is closed with a glass roof and houses the Plenary Hall, accessible only for accredited visits.


  • Free.


  • 941 287 728


  • 15 min - 30 min


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Every day from 09:00 to 15:00


room

Museo de La Rioja


The old palace of Espartero, today a provincial museum

  • On the ground floor you can visit a shop, a library and a temporary exhibition hall.


  • On the third floor there is an interesting space specially dedicated to ethnography from the perspectives of agriculture, livestock, craft trades, etc ...


  • The Museum of La Rioja is installed in a palace built in the mid-18th century by Don Pedro Ruiz de la Porta. It is a baroque building that was owned by Mrs. Jacinta Martínez de Sicilia, Duchess of Victoria and wife of General Espartero.


  • It was inaugurated as a Museum in 1963. The museum has a total area of 3,042 m², of which 1,138 m² belong to the Palacio del Espartero and 1,903 m² to the new building.


  • During the years in which General Espartero resided here, the building held meetings and political and social gatherings of high national level, among whose guests were the kings Amadeo de Saboya and Alfonso XII.


  • The Museum is located in the old town, in the Plaza de San Agustín.


  • Among the medieval and modern artistic pieces that stand out are the San Millán tables, the Torremuña altarpiece and elements of the Estrella de San Asensio monastery.


  • The visit, highly recommended, begins with an audiovisual of the history of La Rioja, which leads to various spaces in which the visitor takes a tour of Prehistory, Pre-Roman times and the Roman world.


  • Free.


  • 941 291 259


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: • Weekdays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. • Sundays and holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.


room

El Cubo Del Revellín


The remains of the old medieval city walls

  • The most representative and interesting remains of the wall correspond to the wall faces that line up in front of the course of the Ebro, in addition to the cube, you can see the adjacent Puerta del Camino, decorated with the shields of Carlos V.


  • El Cubo del Revellín houses a center for the dissemination of heritage on the History of Logroño.


  • In the 16th century, Logroño was the main Castilian stronghold on the border with Navarra. The artillery cube was built between the years 1522 and 1524 under the direction of the master stonemason Lope de Insturizaga by order of Emperor Carlos V, who would thus reward the resistance offered by the people of Logroño against the assault of the Franco-Navarrese army in 1521.


  • One of the reasons why the Cube and the Gate have been better preserved than the rest of the walls, in addition to other circumstances, is the fact that they were built in the so-called Transitional Fortification era, that is, the phase that it mediates between the constructions with medieval techniques and the constructions with modern techniques.


  • Surrounding the old town through which we have been walking, are the remains of the medieval wall of Logroño, specifically the artillery cube of the fortification.


  • Its facilities were complemented by the adjacent Casa de la Artillería, the building where ammunition and military supplies of all kinds were stored.


  • The Cubo del Revellín consists of an upper cylinder where the gun pockets were located, housing the riflescopes for the shooters. At the bottom there was a powder magazine where ammunition and cannons were stored.


  • Free.


  • 941 503 116


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday and Friday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. / 17 to 20 h. Saturday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. / 17 to 20 h. Sunday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.


room

Mirador parque de la ribera


A green space, lung of the city and recreation area

  • In the viewpoint of the Church of Santiago, one of the most interesting points of the park environment, there is a game of the goose that represents the different stages of the Camino de Santiago. Ideal for taking some photos.


  • In 1993, the banks of the Ebro river were recovered through this 153,000-square-meter park. In it three zones can be distinguished: A flood zone, of 70,000 square meters; a viewpoint that is accessed through large steps and a non-floodable area of 72,000 square meters are distributed large grass meadows meandering along paths.


  • At the Embarcadero you can see the four pinwheels that represent the four colors of the Rioja four-color flag (Red, White, Green and Yellow). Work of Asdrúbal González, it was installed in 1993.


  • In addition, it is home to two of the most important public buildings in the city, the bullring and the conference center.


  • The viewpoint is next to the riverbed, on its north bank. It is on the way from the New Bridge to the Footbridge, where the paved track begins next to the El Embarcadero Restaurant. A perfect place to stop to admire the surroundings, with Mount "El Corvo" and the Sierra de Cantabria in the background.


  • In the park there are recreational areas for children, a bike path, green areas, bars and a large lake in its center.


  • You can also see an old industrial fireplace that is now merely decorative.


  • Free.


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public park


room

Teatro Bretón de los Herreros


Historic downtown theater

  • The only way to access the interior is to buy a ticket for one of the plays, dance or film screenings.


  • It was inaugurated on September 19, 1880, and it is a prominent place since on November 18, 1896 the first cinematographic film of the city was screened.


  • The theater consists of two rooms: the Breton Theater, which has a capacity of 962 seats, and the Columns Hall with 250 seats. The origin of this theater dates back to the 19th century when the Corral de las Comedias, from 1604, still existed in the city of Logroño.


  • In 1879 the Municipality bought the land and planned a new theater, inspired by the one in Gijón.


  • In 1901 it was bought by the Municipal Savings Bank, which undertook major interior and exterior renovation works under the direction of the architects Mr. Ignacio Velasco, first and Mr. Luis Barrón, giving it the appearance it has today.


  • In 1951 it was remodeled, creating a basement with a large space with a cafeteria bar; the dressing room area considerably increased and the orchestra pit of greater capacity.


  • Located in the old part of the city, very close to the Paseo del Espolón and the cathedral, is this theater.


  • The one in which it is located, Calle Bretón de los Herreros, takes its name from the well-known comedy writer, born in the town of Quel (La Rioja), Don Manuel Breton y Herreros.


  • From 5 €


  • 941 207 231


  • 15 min - 30 min

    It depends on the duration of the work.


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    TICKET OFFICE HOURS: From 11 am to 2 pm, every day and from two hours before the start of the show, on show days. On Sundays and holidays the box office hours will be from 12 to 14 hours


room

Sala Amós Salvador


A Contemporary Art Exhibition Hall

  • Every year the Sala Amós Salvador offers a wide range of temporary exhibitions of different artistic disciplines: painting, photography, sculpture, etc. which can be seen on the website of the City Council.


  • The exhibition tour presents information about the works and the artists, as well as activities in which the visitor investigates and applies the knowledge of their level.


  • The building where the Sala Amós Salvador is located dates from the first quarter of the 14th century, when it was a convent of La Merced. After several sessions and renovations, in 1978 it became municipal property again and was included in the initial proposal of buildings to conserve in the Special Plan for the Historic Center of Logroño.


  • Around 1979, the West Room, built at the end of the 19th century to be the drying warehouse for the tobacco factory, was transformed into this exhibition hall.


  • In the same building of the Parliament of La Rioja this exhibition hall is located, and of cultural activities that enjoys great popularity.


  • It is currently a benchmark in Contemporary Art, a must for all those interested in this discipline.


  • The center is part of a network of pedagogical activities promoted by the City Council, called the Rioja Culture.


  • Free.


  • 941 207688


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: M to S, from 6 to 9 p.m. Fest., From 12 to 14 and 18 to 21 h. L, closed.


room

Fuente de los riojanos ilustres


Dedicated to the figure of famous people from La Rioja

  • Each character is dressed in the fashion of the time in which he lived and with a motif that identifies and interprets him, for example, Gonzalo de Berceo wears a monk's habit and a book to identify him as a poet. You can try to recognize them, although the name is engraved on a plaque at the foot of each statue.


  • It was inaugurated on February 19, 1999 with the purpose of praising the cultural and historical background of La Rioja.


  • It has a total of 8 bronze statues that surround the fountain, these represent Quintiliano, Gonzalo de Berceo, Pedro del Castillo, Juan Fernández de Navarrete, Fausto Elhúyar, Zenón de Somodevilla and Bengoechea (Marqués de la Ensenada), Julio Rey Pastor and King García Sánchez III of Navarra.


  • This fountain, located at the intersection of the central Gran Vía street with Chile street, was built in honor of several illustrious figures in the history of La Rioja.


  • It is also known as the “Fountain of the Wet Back” because the statues turn their backs to the water and that part often gets wet.


  • At first, the work was conceived in a different way, as a monolith through which the water from the fountain would slide.


  • The fountain is located in a roundabout with traffic, so it is somewhat difficult to get close to see it in detail.


  • Free.


  • 15 min - 30 min


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public place.


room

Monumento al Labrador


Sculptural work dedicated to the farmer in Spain

  • Unlike the fountain of the illustrious Riojans, you can approach this work to observe it in detail.


  • The monument is emblematic for being a tribute to the farmer, so important in an agricultural and wine-growing region like La Rioja.


  • Inaugurated on September 20, 1967, it is one of the first sculptures to extol the figure of the farmer.


  • The artist, Alejandro Rubio Dalmati, donated this work to the city of Logroño. Due to the prolific nature of the artist, it has been proposed to name the street where this monument is located with his name.


  • The night before the inauguration there was a small earthquake that did not cause damage.


  • A little further up, if you keep walking along Gran Vía, you will find this monument at the intersection with Avenida Jorge Vigón. It is located next to the Paseo del Espolón.


  • It is a cast bronze sculpture on a pedestal, with two rectangular monoliths behind it.


  • It is known that the mayor of the time commissioned the sculptor with a statue dedicated to Franco, but he refused and asked that it be in honor of workers, mechanics, operators or farmers, the latter being the final inspiration.


  • Just behind, is the Torre Blanca, the tallest building in Logroño.


  • Free.


  • 15 min - 30 min


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public place


room

Parque gallarza


A beautiful public park for the little ones

  • Towards Calle Somosierra, a cafeteria with nightstands and views of the playground has been opened.


  • Initially owned by Herreros de Tejada, it passed into the hands of the City Council in 1956 to be opened to the public on July 8 of that same year.


  • In the 60s, the Park underwent major renovation works. Among other things, the Children's Traffic Park was built, later transferred to the Plaza de las Chiribitas.


  • In the center of the park there is a building dating from 1914 and it was the work of the architect Quintín Bello, who designed it as a country house for the Herreros de Tejada family. After the purchase of the land, it was used as a nursery school.


  • Very close to the Monument to the farmer we find another of the lungs of the city, an urban park dedicated to the little ones.


  • In the center of the park you can find the bust of Mr. Eduardo González Gallarza, a pioneer in aviation, which was made by the sculptor Mr. Joaquín Lucarini.


  • In addition to rest areas for the elderly, there are two ponds and a lot of green area.


  • Free.


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public park.


room

Polideportivo Municipal Las Gaunas


Riojan football stadium

  • In addition to football matches and sports competitions, the stadium is used for concerts, conventions and every January 5 to receive the Three Kings.


  • The old Las Gaunas field was located on some farms south of Logroño owned by the Gaona sisters, and from this name it was derived from the one it currently has.


  • It was inaugurated on June 15, 1924.


  • Throughout its history the old stadium underwent several extensions and renovations, the stands and artificial lighting between them, although with the construction of the new stadium it was demolished.


  • Construction of the current stadium began in 1998 although it was not completed until 2002.


  • The state has 16,000 seats, 35 boxes and 19 access doors.


  • Located on Avenida República Argentina, the new stadium is a short distance from where the old one was and very close to the Gallarza Park.


  • It is used by Unión Deportiva Logroñés, in Second Division B, and by EDF Logroño, in the Iberdrola Women's League.


  • The first official match was played on Sunday, March 3, 2002 and faced Logroñés with Zaragoza B.


  • According to event.


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: On request According to event


room

Bodegas Corral, S.A.


Wine tourism in the remains of the old Pilgrims Hospital

  • Among the Wine Tourism options offered by the Winery, you can choose between seeing the facilities or also the surroundings, visiting the vestiges of the Hospital and tasting the wines at very affordable prices.


  • There is also an offer of horseback riding, tasting courses and occasionally events and activities for children are organized.


  • It is a centenary winery where high quality Rioja Alta classics are made.


  • Don Saturnino Daroca, harvester and winemaker, gave life to these wineries 100 years ago, planting the first vines in the first vineyards in Sojuela, a town near Navarrete.


  • In 1974 it moved to the current facilities.


  • Bodegas Corral is located on the Carretera de Logroño, km-10, at the foot of the road.


  • This point is located on the axis of the Northern Jacobean Route and the Navarra Route. At that point was the Pilgrims Hospital of San Juan de Acre, whose remains are inside the winery.


  • Within the winery facilities there are other spaces dedicated to the Knowledge of Wine; Tasting Room, Multimedia Room, Private Dining Room etc ...


  • From € 19


  • 941 440 193


  • 1 h - 2 h

    All afternoon.


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.


room

Plaza del Espolón


Also called Paseo del Príncipe de Vergara

  • In this square, the offering of the first must to the Virgin of Valvanera takes place, one of the most important celebrations of the Riojan Harvest Festival.


  • Nearby is Calle Laurel, an essential place to discover the local gastronomy.


  • The Tourist Office is located in the immediate vicinity.


  • Its origins date back to the nineteenth century, we highlight above all the impressive pruned banana walk.


  • It began to be configured in 1757 as a public walk outside the city walls. In 1809 it was expanded with some gardens belonging to the Seminary. It underwent other renovations in 1856, in 1931, and finally between 1940 and 1950 the Rosaleda, the Concha and the large central fountain were added.


  • In 1998 the adjacent streets were pedestrianized.


  • This walk is very close to the cathedral, in the center of the city. Around it you will find historical, financial and administrative buildings, and with pedestrian areas, such as the so-called Paseo de las Cien Tiendas.


  • In the middle of the square we can see an equestrian statue representing the politician and military Baldomero Espartero, who was regent of Spain with Queen Elizabeth II.


  • The iconic Concha is an auditorium located where the bandstand used to be. It was designed by Jaime Cerdell, it resembles a shell with two columns on each side of it.


  • On the other hand, the Rosaleda is a promenade of gardens with different types of rose bushes, metal arches so that plants can grow through them and some fountains popularly known as ¨the sources of the frogs¨ since they are the bronze frogs that spit water.


  • Free.


  • 941291640


  • 15 min - 30 min


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24 hours, public place.


room

granja la gragera


Enjoy the farm animals

  • It is not possible to enter with dogs, nor is it advisable to feed the animals in the enclosure. Accessible to people with disabilities.


  • From Monday to Friday, schools can take guided tours of the La Grajera farm, which will be led by specialists.


  • The farm is one of the environmental education pedagogical resources most frequented by people from Logroño, especially by children.


  • It is an initiative that began in 2014 and remains open from April to the first days of October.


  • It is estimated that the Farm receives some 20,000 visits, has 12,000 square meters and the animals, cared for by the guards of the La Grajera park, are temporarily transferred by their owners.


  • It is a small farm open to the public that can be reached by road or walking through the green areas around the city.


  • The farm is located next to the path that leads to the golf course, and is divided into five spaces, each one with a special uniqueness to adapt it to each animal.


  • The farm is bounded by a 600 linear meter fence, consisting of a wooden fence and a metal mesh.


  • There are domestic animals of all kinds: pigs, sheep, turkeys, donkeys ... All of them in enclosures with a specific environment with huts and feeders.


  • Free.


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Every day from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Closed in winter.


room

Bodega Institucional La Grajera


To enjoy the typical product of La Rioja

  • In June a festival called "Hello Summer" is held at the winery's facilities, which has become a theme park for La Rioja wine.


  • La Grajera Winery is an open space for the celebration and projection of multiple actions: informative sessions, product presentations, talks, tastings ...


  • The activities can be consulted at www.lariojacapital.com.


  • Inaugurated in 2011, La Grajera Winery is a center that belongs to the Government of La Rioja.


  • The La Grajera Institutional Winery is made up of three different areas - the production area, an institutional area and a service area that connect with each other.


  • The barrel room has space to store a total of 250, with an attached warehouse for the finished product.


  • La Grajera Winery has a comprehensive geothermal exploitation system both for the production process and for the air conditioning of the facilities.


  • Located on the Burgos road, km.6, is the farm. It is about 10,000 square meters of farm, which includes vineyards and olive groves, with views of the reservoir and La Grajera park in Logroño.


  • The building for the production and aging area has been half-buried, taking advantage of the slope of the land with a concept of landscape mimicry.


  • In addition to the winery itself, the facilities have many spaces for leisure, an assembly hall, a corridor overlooking the reservoir where you can have a drink ...


  • According to event.


  • 941 29 13 64


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.


room

Parque De La Grajera


A large green area to organize a getaway

  • At the entrance to the park there is a car park, bar, restaurant and picnic area with grills, benches and tables. There is also a Didactic Classroom, a playroom for children over 5 years old, a specialized golf shop, a swimming pool and a paddle tennis court.


  • In the area there is also an equestrian center where you can hire a horse ride around the reservoir, full of vegetation and animals worth seeing.


  • The La Grajera reservoir was built in 1883 to store water from the Iregua river with which to irrigate the orchards.


  • Some time later the environment was conditioned to become a leisure area, which has been expanded to the current 427 hectares.


  • The lake occupies 32 hectares of surface and has an average depth of 5.5 meters. Bathing is prohibited.


  • It is a huge park next to a reservoir that is on the outskirts of the city of Logroño.


  • The park and the reservoir are located 5.7 kilometers from the city. It is accessed by road and also by the greenway that connects it with the city, and is also part of the Camino de Santiago.


  • In its surroundings there is a golf course.


  • The park comprises part of the Camino de Santiago, so pilgrims can stop for a few hours to enjoy the wild environment so close to the city.


  • Free or according to activity.


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: 24h public space. The restaurant and shopping areas have their own hours. Horse riding runs from 9:00 to 22:00.


room

Teatro Bretón de los Herreros


Historic downtown theater

  • The only way to access the interior is to buy a ticket for one of the plays, dance or film screenings.


  • It was inaugurated on September 19, 1880, and it is a prominent place since on November 18, 1896 the first cinematographic film of the city was screened.


  • The theater consists of two rooms: the Breton Theater, which has a capacity of 962 seats, and the Columns Hall with 250 seats. The origin of this theater dates back to the 19th century when the Corral de las Comedias, from 1604, still existed in the city of Logroño.


  • In 1879 the Municipality bought the land and planned a new theater, inspired by the one in Gijón.


  • In 1951 it was remodeled, creating a basement with a large space with a cafeteria bar; the dressing room area considerably increased and the orchestra pit of greater capacity.


  • Located in the old part of the city, very close to the Paseo del Espolón and the cathedral, is this theater.


  • The theater is located on the street that bears its own name, Bretón de los Herreros, which takes its name from the well-known comedy writer, born in the town of Quel (La Rioja), Don Manuel Bretón y Herreros.


  • From 5 €


  • 941 207 231


  • 1 h - 2 h

    Duration of the work


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    TICKET OFFICE HOURS: From 11 am to 2 pm, every day and from two hours before the start of the show, on show days. On Sundays and holidays the box office hours will be from 12 to 14 hours


room

Calle Laurel


The center of gastronomy and tapas in Logroño

  • Of course, this restaurant area of the capital of La Rioja has also reached the fashion of Basque origin, the pintxo-pote, which consists of offering for only 2 euros, every Thursday (except holidays and the eve of holidays) a pincho and a flat . There are already many cities, especially in the north of Spain, that have joined the wave of pinchos Thursdays.


  • The street runs parallel to the nearby Bretón de los Herreros street, where the old walls of Logroño stood until their demolition in 1862. Once the walls disappeared, the buildings that delimited the street were built.


  • In the little more than 200 meters that this street and its surroundings are established more than 65 bars and restaurants. The custom is that each one offers a couple of specialties, so there are many route recommendations that can be followed to fully enjoy your stay in Logroño.


  • Located in the heart of the old town, wherever you go, you can spend a while in any of its places to taste typical Riojan food.


  • In this street is the oldest bar in Logroño, the Blanco y Negro, which today is still one of the references of the street.


  • This area is also called the "Path of the Elephants" because it is said that everyone who enters leaves his trunk and on all fours.


  • It depends on the place.


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Each location has its own schedule.


room

Iglesia De Sta Maria De Los Reyes


Historical and spiritual revelation.

  • Do you like buildings declared a World Heritage Site? This temple fulfills such a designation since 1931.


  • If you go the first days of February, you will be able to see the Bethlehem it possesses in motion.


  • The visits contemplate a light show projected on the portico, and at the same time an explanation of interesting aspects of the church is given.


  • It is advisable, especially on weekends and in summer, to make a prior reservation.


  • The beginning of the construction of the temple dates from the 12th century. its continuous expansion for several centuries. In each one the style and influences typical of those times were applied. This process lasted until the seventeenth century.


  • The archivolt carvings represent the apostles: the Virgin of Los Reyes is represented on the mullion, since this portico narrates the life of the Holy Virgin


  • It has two wonderful chapels. One dedicated to Our Lady of Guadalupe of Mexico and the other to the Santo Niño Cristóbal.


  • Inside there is a very interesting representation of the Last Supper.


  • A very nice church. Full of artistic things and a lot of history, it has beautiful altarpieces.


  • The portico sculpture, the work of anonymous but very talented artists, dates from 1380 and depicts scenes from the life of the Virgin on the tympanum.


  • € 3 general admission.


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    The schedule is subject to the organization of the tourist office. Visits are interrupted during liturgical celebrations.


room

Bodegas Ysios


Insignia of the new Rioja, symbol of quality and avant-garde

  • To taste the wine, start by appreciating its smell, then contemplate its color, and finally, enjoy its flavor.


  • According to experts, it is not advisable to taste wines inside a winery. the multiple aromas can deceive our senses, so wait for the appropriate moment to savor this exquisite liquor.


  • Try not to eat cheese tasting arts, as this reduces the ability of the sense of taste.


  • Bodegas Ysios, is located in the heart of La Rioja Alavesa, at the foot of Sierra Cantabria.


  • Bodega Ysios owns 75 hectares. own vineyard. It is a pioneer in the wine tourism sector.


  • An avant-garde boutique winery, in complete harmony with the surrounding landscape.


  • This winery works with the philosophy of micro-cultivation and verification in small batches, which allows it to produce exceptional wines, which express the uniqueness of the terroir of the region.


  • It has the Ysios club, especially for wine lovers.


  • Nice winery, views and good wine. You can take a bottle for € 60. It is worth it, it is spectacular.


  • Original design, beautiful location and excellent guided tour.


  • Overall an unbeatable visit. Quality wines, unique winery and the guide's attention is splendid! It gives some very interesting information about the particularities of the wines that are made there.


  • Ticket price not available. Consult at http://www.bodegasysios.com/es/contacto


  • +34945600640


  • 2 h - 4 h

    Depending on the activities that you are going to carry out is the time that you are going to consume. If the visit is made, the tasting and stays to eat, 4 to 5 hours approximately.


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Additional access information: http://bodegasysios.com/en Address: La Hoya, Bidea, s / n, 01300, Guardia, Avaba, Spain.


room

Plaza Mayor Laguardia


Center of the village, full of charms.

  • Visit the gallery located on the main floor of the current town hall.


  • Go through the passage that connects the Plaza Mayor with the Plaza Nueva. It is under an arch.


  • Nearby you will find numerous options to eat or taste a good Rioja.


  • The Plaza Mayor in the Alava town of Laguardia, is an interesting example of a portified Plaza.


  • It is accessed through the iconic new gate of the Wall, which dates from the 15th century.


  • It preserves the headquarters of the old town hall (16th century), which shows the imperial coat of arms of Carlos V.


  • The most recent town hall (19th century), is characterized by its impressive chime clock, from which some figures of dancing people (dancers) and "El Cachimorro" emerge.


  • A beautiful square where you can sit and rest, chat, and have a good Rioja wine.


  • Surrounded by stately houses, which make up an interesting complex, topped by the Town Hall building (with original arcades) and the Hermitage of the Virgen de la Plaza, patron saint of the town.


  • It is still the center of the village. It is accessed by Carnicerías, also called del Carmen or Puerta Nueva de La Muralla, opened in the 15th century.


  • Does not apply.


  • +34945600007


  • 30 min - 1 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed


room

Birding Euskadi


Refuge for birds of multiple species.

  • It is quite a show for the senses. Special for nature lovers.


  • Use the marked trails and you will reach the main observation points.


  • Between the period from September to March is when the greatest diversity of birds concurs.


  • The use of binoculars other instruments that facilitate visualization is recommended.


  • It is made up of four wetlands, of which 3 are saline and of natural endorheic origin. The one that is best adapted for the visit is the Prao de la Paul.


  • A 1995 decree declared the Carralogroño, Carravalseca and Prao de la Paul lagoons protected biotype.


  • Among the main species that make life among them are: Imperial and gray herons, grebes, bluebirds, marsh harriers, coots, pile drivers, grebes and rails.


  • There are migratory waders and ducks that have been seen in these places, including the bittern.


  • At the foot of the Villa de Laguardia fortified gate, we have this magnificent wetland, signposted for walks and bicycle routes, where numerous fauna abound.


  • An ideal environment, without the need to make use of great efforts, and even being able to enjoy the observation of the birds of Laguna, in the enabled observatories.


  • It is a very pleasant walk, close to the city center, about 10 minutes.


  • Does not apply.


  • +34 945 600 845


  • 2 h - 4 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Additional access information: http://www.birdingeuskadi.eus/


room

Cuevas subterráneas


A people united by their land.

  • Some of the wineries, located under the town house, are open to tourists and are a must.


  • The vast majority of wineries are family-owned, and virtually every building in the field is a winery.


  • It is always a good time to visit them, but the fall season is much better.


  • Some hotels have underground cave cellars and offer guided tours.


  • Almost all the buildings in the town have underground caves and some communicate with each other. They are also called openwork.


  • They were built between the 16th and 17th centuries.


  • More than 300 caves have been recorded in Laguardia.


  • At first they served as a refuge from the multiple attacks, which they faced during medieval times. Later, they were assigned the mission of being chosen for the winemaking.


  • A large part of the town can be traversed through this type of passageway.


  • A charming winery, wine made in a traditional way.


  • It is worth the visit, you learn to discover and increase your curiosity about wine, the winery is cozy.


  • 5 euros onwards.


  • +34 945 600 845


  • 30 min - 1 h

    45 minutes to 1 hour per winery.


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    Hours: Monday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Https://turismodevino.com/52/visita-a-bodega-cueva-en-laguardia/


room

La Hechicera.


Prehistoric remains full of mystery that will shock you.

  • If you travel in August it may coincide with theatrical performances that are held in the dolmen of La Hechicera.


  • You must take into account the time of year to make this visit, since it can vary according to weather conditions.


  • Sunsets in summer and fall are breathtaking here. Do not miss it.


  • It is a megalithic construction of stone slabs, arranged as huge inns.


  • It dates from the Neolithic era (from 3000 to 1000 BC).


  • Dolmen means "stone table", those that were made for funeral purposes. Possibly they also served to demarcate certain areas.


  • We finish our passage through the Rioja Alavesa visiting this incredible thousand-year-old construction, a silent witness to its first settlers.


  • You will discover one of the most interesting archaeological sites in Rioja Alavesa.


  • Surrounded by a unique landscape, large areas of vineyards and the Sierra de Cantabria in the background.


  • La Hechicera Shack is one of the best preserved megalithic complexes in the Basque country and its surroundings make this enclave a place of great beauty.


  • Does not apply.


  • +34 945 600 845


  • 1 h - 2 h


  • schedule Subject to business hours

    local_activity No ticket needed

    For additional information contact the Laguardia tourist office.



3 Ratings

luisma76

luisma76

Birding Euskadi me llena de recuerdos, que bonito encontrarlo en ésta guia!!! Me he puesto nostálgico.

21/08/2020

alejandrita

alejandrita

Mi familia y yo fuimos a Logrono en Semana Santa, el Puente de Piedra y La Iglesia Santa María y la de San Bartolomé me parecieron exóticas y misteriosas, muy mística está guía estuvo acordé con la fecha.

03/08/2020

rogelio

rogelio

Ideal para conocer los monumentos más importantes y la historia de la ciudad en profundidad

17/10/2019